March 28, 2008

Getting Braces


My mouth is small and the teeth are crowded. Due to not enough space, two of my front teeth grow in 45%. I received comments from friends and colleagues to get braces. They said my face is nice but once I open my mouth / smile, the secret is out. Once I go to see a doctor for fever but the doctor comment on my teeth.

I am thinking of getting braces to fix my teeth for a long long time. When I was still in secondary school, my parents said my condition is not very bad and advise me not to do it. Besides, it's very expensive. Also, I heard about all the pain and troubles of those wearing braces. Thus, I put off the intention do get it done.

I already join the working world for 3 years now. However, I still yet to fix my teeth problem. One of the reason is because the price has rise to about RM3K-5K. Due to the increasing cost of living, I have trouble to fork out the expenses. Secondly, still need to visit the dentist about every month after that for 1-2years depending on teeth condition. Thirdly, I still afraid of the pain that I have to endure.

No comments: