May 12, 2008

Kuantan Trip

On 11/05/2008, I woke up at 9am with a smile because I will be going for a 2D/1N vacation in Kuantan. After finished my breakfast and read the newspapers, I started to pack my bag. I bring along some cloths, towel, toiletries, and a bottle of water. Before I left my house, I make sure that I bring my wallet, handphone, and the camera.

After lunch, Brian and me pick up with his sister and brother-in-law. Then, we started our journey to Kuantan for a holiday. We will be staying at Swiss Garden Resort & Spa in Kuantan. Brian drove from Kuala Lumpur to Kuantan via the Karak Highway which connects directly to the new East Coast Expressway. It took about 4 hours drive because we lost our way finding the hotel. It was almost 7pm when we reached there.

We found a nice car park near the hotel entrance. Once I stepped my foot on the lobby, my first impression was "WOW, nice hotel". The light setting, the furniture, the ambiance, the atmospher is GREAT. There is a band of musician playing traditional music when I was waiting for Brian's brother-in-law to settle the check-in procedure.

Then, we proceed to the hotel room for some rest before our dinner. I am very satisfied and happy with the room condition and facilities in the room. It's nice and clean. After taking a hot and long shower, we headed out to find food to fill our stomach. We found a restaurant/ coffee shop with lots of people about 15minutes drive from the hotel. The taste of the food is okay and I found that the price of the food is more or less the same compared with KL.

After dinner, we decided to drive around the area to experience the night life in Kuantan. However, most of the shops are closed because the time is already 9.30pm. Feeling boring, we decided to return to the hotel and call it a day.

No comments: